On groomed trails, with or without a set of tracks, remember:
- Pets are not permitted on ski trails.
- Hiking and snowshoeing is allowed anywhere in
state parks, except on the ski trails and trails posted “closed” for the winter. (Groomed trails deteriorate when people and animals leave their footprints on them.) Minnesota
- Winter mountain biking is only allowed on trails designated for that purpose.
- All skiers age 16 and older must carry a current, signed
with them when skiing in Minnesota Ski Pass state parks. Minnesota
Ski passes can be purchased three ways:
- Daily ski passes ($6) are sold at park offices where staff is available.
- Self-registration for one-season ($20) and three-season ($55) ski
passes is available at all
state parks except Carley, George H. Crosby-Manitou, Minnesota and Schoolcraft. Monson Lake
- Ski passes can be purchased using
’s electronic license system, available at nearly 1,500 locations around the state. To find a location, visit www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/agents.html or call the Minnesota between and Monday through Friday at 651-296-6157 or toll-free 888-646-6367. DNR Information Center