The seminar is for pork producers, Extension personnel, NDSU faculty and staff and anyone else with an interest in the swine industry. The event runs from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Topics that will be covered and the presenters are:
* Update of the Pork Quality Assurance Plus program and an overview of niche pork production - David Newman, NDSU Extension swine specialist
* Crisis preparedness and animal identification - Susan Keller, state veterinarian
* Overview of swine health - Paul Yeske, Swine Vet Center, St. Peter, Minn.
* Colostrum management and piglet health and quality - Bart Bartling, Pillen Family Farms,
* What is waste worth? - Mary Berg and Emily Kline, area Extension livestock environmental management specialists at the NDSU Carrington Research Extension Center
Lunch will be provided.
This seminar is free of charge, but those planning to attend should contact Holly Erdmann in the NDSU Department of Animal Sciences at (701) 231-7513 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, April 9.