Monday, August 18, 2014

Temporary overnight detours on I-94 near 25th Street South this week

FARGO, N.D. (August 18, 2014) – Beginning Tuesday night, August 19, crews will be setting temporary overnight closures on  Interstate 94 (I-94), as they set bridge beams and build the canopy on the west edge of the existing 25th Street South bridge deck. During this phase of construction, sections of overnight traffic on I-94 will be rerouted over and around the work zone.  

 Motorists can expect the following:
  • Tuesday night, 8/19, between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., westbound traffic on I-94 will be detoured over the top of the 25th Street Bridge and merge back on to I-94 from the northwest on-ramp.
  • Wednesday night, 8/20, between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., I-94 eastbound traffic will be detoured around the 25th Street Bridge as crews remove the east edge of the existing bridge deck to accommodate the future widening of the bridge. Traffic will be detoured down 25th Street to 32nd Avenue South and then to University Drive where they will be able to merge back onto I-94. Motorists on 25th Street will not be able to use the eastbound loop ramp to access eastbound I-94.

These detours are needed to ensure the safety of the traveling public and crews that work on the project as the bridge deck is directly above I-94.  The NDDOT scheduled this work to occur overnight when traffic volumes are at their lowest to help minimize impacts to the traveling public. 

The NDDOT Fargo District encourages motorists to avoid distractions, obey flaggers and signs throughout the work zone and consider alternate routes if possible.

 These detours are expected to end by the morning of August 21.