ST. PAUL – The State of Minnesota will hold the second annual state government career fair this Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Saint Paul RiverCentre. The event is an opportunity for job and career seekers to network with all 25 cabinet level agencies, the Board of Water and Soil Resources, MNsure, the Minnesota State Lottery, the Minnesota Judicial Branch, and the Office of Governor Mark Dayton & Lt. Governor Tina Smith to learn about job openings in state government.
In addition, the State of Minnesota Career Fair will feature free professional headshots, resume review, workshops, and on-site interviews for some positions.
The State of Minnesota held the first state government career fair in 2016 at the Senate Office building. The event was attended by 4,000 job seekers. The event also furthers efforts to recruit new talent to the state workforce, and in particular, the state’s work around diversity and inclusion.
With over 34,000 employees in the State of Minnesota executive branch:
- 12 percent are persons of color
- 6.4 percent are employees with disabilities
- 7.8 percent are veterans, and
- 50 percent are women
What: Second Annual State of Minnesota Career Fair
When: Saturday, October 14, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Saint Paul RiverCentre, 175 West Kellogg Blvd. Saint Paul, MN 55102
- MNsure will be conducting onsite interviews and conditional job offers for 10 Call Center Representative Positions
- MnDOT will be providing informational interviews for the following open positions:
- Metro Maintenance/Snow and Ice Positions (Transportation Associate)
- Metro Bridge Maintenance Positions (Transportation Generalist Senior)
- MnDOT will be conducting formal interviews for the following open positions:
- Student Worker Electrical Systems Data Management
- Highway Systems Electrician (Highway Signal Technician)