Monday, July 8, 2013

I-94 eastbound work zone update in Fargo

The North Dakota Department of Transportation – Fargo District – would like to share an traffic control update for the Interstate 94 (I-94) project. Throughout the eastbound work zone, interstate merge points have been shorten at all on-ramps to eastbound I-94.

In addition the third lane upon exiting the tri-level ramp (southbound I-29 to eastbound I-94) is closed for traffic.

During this project phase, significant delays expected if travel includes use of the tri-level ramp, especially where traffic is exiting the tri-level ramp and merging with eastbound I-94 traffic. Motorists also traveling on southbound I-29 will experience congestion while traffic is entering the tri-level ramp during peak traffic hours. Motorists are advised to find an alternate route of travel.

The 40 mph speed limits remain in effect to protect motorists and crews due to shortened merge points and narrowed traffic lanes.

While traveling through the work zone, NDDOT urges motorists to take extra caution by eliminating all distractions, obeying posted signs and flaggers.