Friday, August 23, 2013

Another busy weekend for roadway construction and road closures in the Twin Cities Metro Area

ROSEVILLE, Minn. - Motorists should plan ahead this weekend when traveling due to another big weekend of  road construction projects and road closures in the Twin Cities metro area.

Highway projects that may affect travel this weekend in the Twin Cities metro area include:

  • Hwy 3 - closed between 70th Street and Allen Way in Inver Grove Heights.
  • Hwy 10 - single lane both directions between West Main Street/Greenhaven Road and just east of Seventh Avenue.
  • I-35 - single lane southbound between I-35/I-35W/I-35E split and County Road 50.
  • I-35W – closed westbound Ramsey County Rd 10 ramp to southbound I-35W and the northbound ramp to westbound Ramsey County Road 10.
  • I-35W – closed southbound ramp to north/east Highway 13.    
  • Hwy 36 - closed both directions between White Bear Avenue and Hwy 61 and single-lane traffic between Hwy 61 and Edgerton Street. Ramp closures include northbound Hwy 61 to eastbound Hwy 36; westbound Hwy 36 to northbound Hwy 61; southbound Hwy 61 to westbound Hwy 36. 
  • Hwy 65 - closed both directions between Osborne Road Northeast and 81st Avenue NE.
  • Hwy 95 - closed both directions between County Rd 12 and County Rd 16.
  • Hwy 169 - ramp closed from Hwy 101/ Hwy 13 to northbound Hwy 169.
  • I-494 - closed westbound between I-35W and Hwy 100.
  • I-694 - ramp closed from eastbound I-694 to Hwy 65 (Central Avenue).

There are still many work zones around the state that will affect travel this up-coming weekend. Motorists should pay attention in work zones and use extra caution when encountering work zones. 

For specific information about these projects visit http://www.dot.state.mn.us/fullclosures/

For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit www.511mn.org