ST. PAUL, Minn. – The first week of May is National Small Business Week. To mark the week, the Minnesota Department of Revenue is highlighting the online resources it offers businesses by launching a new online Business Center. Businesses and organizations of all sizes and types can now find business tax information and resources -- including fact sheets, industry guides, forms, and training information -- in one central location on the department’s website.
“We strive to provide taxpayers with the information they need to comply with the state’s tax laws. The new online Business Center consolidates information and resources into a central location, making it easier for businesses to find the tax information they need,” said Revenue Commissioner Cynthia Bauerly. “We are always looking to improve our customer service. The Business Center is just one of the ways we are doing that for our business tax customers.”
The new online Business Center includes some of the following features:
- Starting a business – Basic tax information for people who are starting a business.
- Register for a Minnesota Tax ID number – What is a Minnesota Tax ID number? How do I register?
- File and Pay Tax – What is e-Services? How do I sign up? Information on filing returns and making payments.
- Education and Outreach – Free education by tax type including classroom training, online training, webinars, and videos.
- Resources for Businesses – A variety of tools including business guidebooks, fact sheets, industry guides, tax type calculators, forms and instructions.
- Closing an Account/Closing a Business – What you need to know.
- Consolidated due date calendar – This feature will be added in the near future and will make it easy for business customers to find a list of due dates for various business tax types.
Customers can access the new Business Center by clicking the link or by going to our website (www.revenue.state.mn.us) and entering business center into the search box.