ST. PAUL, MN – Governor Mark Dayton on Thursday authorized up to an estimated $95,025 in relief for Kittson County from the State Disaster Assistance Contingency Account. From March 27 through April 15, 2017, areas of Kittson County experienced damage resulting from spring flooding. Final reimbursements will be determined based on actual expense documentation.
Aid from the State Disaster Assistance Contingency Account will reimburse the county for public infrastructure repairs and clean-up costs. Under Minnesota law, the state will reimburse 75 percent of eligible costs for public infrastructure repairs and clean-up, with the county responsible for covering the remaining 25 percent.